Thursday, February 1, 2007

In Quito

My exam Tuesday went OK. I passed, which is what matters I guess. In normal terms I made a 79%, which is not good for me, but oh well. It´s over.

I made it to Quito last night, and spent a good night in the hotel. I am back there at that hotel now, which was great about letting me keep my stuff there all day while I explored! It´s a cute and cozy place, and I´m glad the school recommended it to me!

Today I went to Mitad del Mundo, the center of the Earth, aka the Ecuator, which was cool. There was a good museum. It only took me 2 hours to figure out the buses up there, a grand total of 20K. Haha. Oh well, I made it. Then, more bus frustration and direction problems trying to get to the Mercadi Mariscal, but again I made it. I had some time, so I went to the Plaza Grande, which was really pretty. There was a group of Hare Krishna in the plaza singing and talking about saving nature, but they made for an interesting atmosphere. I walked around the historic district for a bit, and enjoyed the city, then went to a really good restaurant my book recommended, and now I am about to head to the airport!!

I was actually really sad to leave Cuenca yesterday. i felt like I was leaving home again. But at the same time, I am SO excited to get HOME HOME Friday! Love and see you soon.

No comments: