Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm a graduate!

Saturday I graduated from Union University, after 4 wonderful years. I had a great weekend with my parents and Brian, and my aunt and uncle. It was beautiful weather all weekend, so it made the outside-hanging out much more enjoyable!

Since Saturday night, when I walked across the stage and received my diploma, I have been feeling like everything is a little surreal and reminiscent of this time 4 years ago. Once again, I stand on the edge. I know and love what is behind me, but I can't go back. I don't know what lies ahead, but I am ready to jump into it!

I have been trying to unpack and get settled back into Maryville (aka, SLOW) life since I got home last night. It's been a good day, but I need to face reality tomorrow. That means, sending out job applications, resumes, clips, etc. in hopes of landing a "career" type job. Also, I need to be calling River Rat to see if they'll take me back for a few weeks this summer :) That'd be dandy, so I'd have some income!

I'm still looking at Denver, DC and Nashville. I am so torn about Nashville. On one hand, I don't want to move there, because I feel like it is so safe and not a challenge for me. Denver seems so exciting and like such an amazing growing experience. However, my family is in Maryville, and I don't know that I want to move 20 hours away. Also, I probably have the best chance of getting a Nashville job over anything else. So....we shall see I guess. If you read this, I ask for your prayers. I need discernment over where the Lord wants me to be, and what I ought to be doing.

No comments: