Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Less than a week....

It's Monday night, and I graduate (Lord willing) on Saturday. I cannot believe it is this close. I have had a wonderful couple of days of "finals week" as i have not been studying much, but rather playing, laying out, hanging out with Ben and friends, and enjoying my last days at Union.

I am growing increasingly sad to leave this place. It has been my home, my domain, my stomping grounds, whatever for four years, and after Saturday, I don't know if I will ever come back.

The devil has been working hard to make me angry and ready to get out, so that I will forget to cherish all of the great memories I made here. Last week, my computer crashed before I had 3 papers due, and I lost part of a magaine article I had written 5 minutes before it was due. So, I panicked, but the Lord sustained me, made everything OK, and gave me peace.

Now I am on a bittersweet journey through these last few days of my life here. I cried in church on Sunday when we sang "You are God alone. Before time began, you were on your throne. You are God alone" because I know those words are true, but I am finding it hard to always trust His plan and rest in His sovereignity. I know He will bring about good things for me, but its so hard to live that, when I know I am leaving one of the best times of my life.

I am excited about the next phase though, whatever that may be. A move to Denver perhaps, a new job, a new apartment, quality time with Ben, and meeting new people! I am looking forward to seeing my family on Friday and getting home to rest and enjoy the simple pleasures of life at home in Maryville for a few weeks. Aftet that, who knows where I'll be or what I'll be doing? I sure don't!

No comments: