Monday, November 17, 2008

Silence.....

Three posts in a day. That might be a new record for me.

This one is just a quick note to let you guys know that I'm taking a break from blogging for a bit. I don't know how long, but I need to be quiet before the Lord and try and figure out what He is teaching me. My mind is jumbled and my heart strays so easily, so I need to cut out those things (however petty) that provide solace and comfort for me, including Facebook and blogging, so I can learn how to be comforted by the Lord and seek only Him. So, for now, I am going to try to be silent before a holy God and learn what I need to during this period of my life.

Thanks for reading. I would love it if you would pray for me during this time, that during this silence, God would reveal himself to me in new and fresh ways, that he would teach me what I need to know so I don't have to go through this again, and that my heart would be yielded only to him.

At some point, I will look forward to sharing what I have learned through this. Blessings - Lauren

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

It's so hard to be "all-listening" when there are so many distractions on a day to day basis. I'll pray that you would experience Christ in new ways that will build your faith and trust in Him as He offers you true peace.

Ginny said...

I think that's a great decision. There is so much chaos, stress and noise in life. I pray that you'll hear from the Lord and grow closer to Him!