Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tired of turkey

I can't remember, but I don't think I have elaborated on this eating regime I'm doing, per doctor's orders.

The week after Easter, the doctor put me on a new healthy eating scheme that eliminates my favorites: Moe's, bread, french fries, hamburger buns, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, Dr. Pepper, fried foods (including, but not limited to chicken nuggets and chicken tenders).

Oi vey.

This is my 3rd/4th week of trying to do this. I say trying, and 3rd/4th week, because the first week I didn't really follow it so well. I have been a lot better until last night, which was Cinco de Mayo, aka tortillas, chips and rice. YUMMY. The food was amazing, but today marks a race to get back on track.

Today, that race looks like this: Once again, eating (the bazillionth) turkey sandwich and caesar salad for lunch, and a refusal of free Bojangles chicken biscuit this morning for breakfast....It breaks my heart to turn down delicious fried chicken and biscuits, but I want to see if this whole diet thing has any legitimacy :)

No comments: