Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a man....

Two months from today, I'll be walking down an aisle, wearing white, giving thanks to God for His many blessings, and marrying my best friend.

Don't listen to me if I complain about wedding planning - I am blessed beyond belief and my complaints are nothing more than a thinly-veiled attempt at saying I am discontent in what God has given me. Shame on me. "Godliness with contentment is great gain." I want to be content, and why shouldn't I be?

I have been blessed to be given a man who is strong, sensitive, loving, funny and above all, seeks and pursues Jesus, more than he pursues me. As long as he has his priorities in that order, we'll be just fine :) He is - aside from my salvation - the greatest blessing of my life.

So, while I have SO much to be thankful for today, I just wanted to take this opportunity to boast in what my God has done - he has given me life, and he is giving it to me abundantly.

No comments: