Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long time gone...

I have been out of town for a while/busy/exhausted/lacking anything brilliant to say. Therefore, in honor of my return-post after a long hiatus, all you're getting is a fun little questionnaire that I stole from a blog I stalk....er, I mean read.

Plus, it's still early and I don't want to think too much before the coffee hits my brain.

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
My kayak, the kayak pump, an umbrella, a decorative frame for my office and more miscellaneous crap.

2. When was the last time you threw up? It's been a few months. I don't really remember.

3. What's your favorite curse word? I don't cuss. Sorry, "boring" answer but I don't really see any use for it. People know when I'm mad without the language :)

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Like I said, it's still early. But I'd say my dog Ben would be the only genuine smile I've done yet...

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Heading for work.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Editing an article I just wrote.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? It will be 12:30, aka lunchtime. That means you can find me at Moe's with mis amigas.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Um, nope. Don't really see why I would.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Do you want me to send a head-shot with the article?"

10. What is the best ice cream flavor? This stuff I bought from Wal-Mart is killer! White chocolate mudslide or something like that.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Cup of coffee with 2 squirts of French Vanilla creamer and 1 packet of Equal

Why is there no #12?

13. What was the last thing you ate? We grilled out last night, so grilled chicken, asparagus and terriyaki squash. Oh, and some Moose Track's from Stucchi's ;)

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Technically, within the last week I went crazy with shopping. I was at H&M last week and bought 3 new dresses, a new tank top, and an adorable yellow Audrey Hepburn-esque jacket.

15. When was the last time you ran? That word is generally not in my vocabulary, unless I'm chasing the dog. He runs enough for the both of us.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched? Was I forced to watch sports at small-group on Sunday? I don't remember. Obviously I don't pay much attention...Oh wait! I think I watched some baseball game at a restaurant recently to avoid awkward conversation.

#17 is missing too...

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
My boss. I sent him the aforementioned article for his review.

19. Ever go camping? Yeah! I love camping. I've even been backpacking, which is way more hard-core than our family camping trips. To give you an idea of the Crane family "roughing it:" Water and electricity at the site. Air mattress at night (usually in the van for me, depending on how much Daddy is snoring). Baby back ribs for dinner. Ahh...the good life.

20. Do you have a tan? Kind of. More like remnants of a nasty burn from Memorial Day.

What the heck? Did someone just go through and delete all these? I know you, valuable readers, are sad about not getting to see answers to 21-23, because I have not gotten to see the questions. My apologies.

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
When possible. However, I don't have a supply of straws at home for my stash of DP.

25. What did your last IM say? Who uses IM anymore? Google chat, all the way.

26. Are you someone's best friend? Hmm....I don't actually know. I have several really close friends, but not sure if they would consider me their best friend. Interesting thought.

27. What are you doing tomorrow? Tomorrow: Work, lunch at home, walking Ben, going to Beach Music Festival at North Hills with Steph and Teran, et al.

28. Where is your mom right now? Working somewhere around the greater Knoxville area.

29. Look to your left, what do you see? My new office, all to myself. It's complete with lots of cute bargain finds to decorate my shelves, along with some of my travel mementos. Also, my door, with the window where I watch people at the copier.

30. What color is your watch? Silver. It's so cool. It LOOKS like a watch with hands, but it's actually digital. It takes me forever to read the "real kinds" so I went for a fake that looks real. Psych.

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ? Hottieswithaccents AND Iwannago.

32. Would you consider plastic surgery? Um...notsomuch. Unlike my freshman year roommate, I see no reason for a boob job or Brazilian butt-lift.

33. What is your birthstone? Blue something....Is that horrible that I can't really remember?

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thu? Really depends on how lazy and fat I feel like getting from that meal. If it's super greasy and I'm super tired, drive through. If I'm feeling a little healthier, I usually go inside.

35.How many kids do you want? These days, thinking 4 - 2 biological kids and 2 adopted.

36. Do you have a dog? Yes. He is nuts and I love him.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone? House-guest, aka Steph. She needed to know where to leave the little terrorist in the apartment.

38. Have you met anyone famous? Depends on your definition of famous. Movie-star famous? Notsomuch. However, I have met some well-known (Big Wig) people in Southern Baptist life....that's right. Don't be jealous.

39. Any plans today? Lunch with the girls, dinner and church tonight.

40. How many states have you lived in? 3: Florida, Tennessee and North Carolina

41. Ever go to college? UU! (clap) UU! (clap)

42. Where are you right now? My office.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Money, or lack thereof. Housing decisions for the next year. I know that's 2, but get over it!

44. Last song listened to? Surpisingly, I couldn't tell you. The juke-box in my head must be down. I can hear some weird psychadelic music coming from Courtney's computer though.

Eh, I give up. Who cares about #45 anyway?

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Dogs, cats, trees, weeds, grass, mold, pollen, dust-mites....The environment, basically. I would be doing a lot better if the creepy guy at the allergy shot place wouldn't have kept hitting on me. I would have actually finished the shots and not be suffering now. Oh well, I deal with it.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? I do enjoy flip flops right now. However, I am also thoroughly enjoy my black peep-toe pumps, which I am currently sporting.

48. Are you jealous of anyone? Let's just leave it at "yes." I'm working on contentment.

Ok, I don't quite give up. It wouldn't be logical to have these 2 questions NOT right after each other. Mabe 49 never existed and someone just cannot count this high.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
Probably. I don't mean that in a conceited way, just in a I've-been-so-blessed-people-in-Africa-would-love-my-life kind of way. I'm learning how to share that with the less fortunate.

51. What time is it? Wish it was time for lunch, but I guess it's just time for oatmeal. I'm so flippin' hungry.

52. Do any of your friends have children? Yup. I am getting into that stage of my life now....*sigh*

53. Do you eat healthy? It's a work in progress. I do good enough that I scored well on my health exam last week. Thank you, Guidestone for that freebie :)

54. What do you usually do during the day? If you had asked me a few months ago, I'd say "Craigslist and office games." Now, I find I'm kicking the CL addiction and office games were forcibly removed from my life, so I'm actually being quite productive.

55. Do you hate anyone right now? Nope. That wouldn't exactly convey the love of Christ now, would it?

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yeah, either on the phone or sing-songy in person.

Gracious. Counting and including all numbers cannot be this hard.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
24. I feel like that will be a good age. I'll feel....validated, settled, mature. Ha, I didn't say I would BE those things - Just feel them :)

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? It would be a travesty if my answer was "no." I think we're actually planning a Rockin' Rollercoaster Roadtrip for this summer if my friends are still game!

60. How did you get one of your scars? The scar off the corner of my eye is where my brother pushed me into a coffee table when we were little. Thanks bro. Love ya ;)

No comments: