Tuesday, June 3, 2008

If it's God's will, it's God's bill

Hello friends! I just wanted to share a really cool story of how God is working in my life! Although this isn't brand-new info, I thought it was worth sharing on here.

I believe the Lord has called me overseas. Specifically, I am feeling called to Western Europe, Spain in particular. Though this isn't nailed down, that's the area I believe the Lord has laid on my heart. When the opportunity presented itself to go with Southeastern as part of a study/mission trip on a trip to Amsterdam, I got excited. The trip is approximately 2 weeks, and it will be a combination of studying and learning about how to reach 1) Post-modern thinkers and 2) Western Muslims. After morning classes, the group will go into the coffee shops (the ones where they actually drink coffee, mind you!) and engage the people in conversations and hopefully share the Gospel.

Sounds great, doesn't it? That's what I thought. Plus, I would do some reading/papers and get class credit. The only problem was the cost, nearly $3,000. I asked the Lord for guidance on whether or not I should be trying to do this trip, and asked him to provide the money if it was his will.

Fast-forward a few days. I ran the idea of doing our next spring magazine on reaching a post-modern culture by my boss, and he really liked the it. When he asked why I wanted to do that topic, I suggested him sending me to Amsterdam to cover the trip, research, etc. for the magazine. He said OK. Just like that, he said "yes" to sending me to Amsterdam to work and report for the magazine. The only stipulation? We have to have a good photographer to go with us too, because if he's sending me, he wants some good shots.

Wow. I know the Lord provides, but this is such tangible evidence of that! If that's not God opening a door for me, I don't know what is!! I am so grateful for this opportunity that has been handed to me, and just praying now our next photographer is amazing so we can BOTH go to Amsterdam and see this all come to fruition.

Anyways, all I have to say is the Lord is amazing, and I am amazed at how clearly He is at work in my life.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever." ~ Hebrews 13: 20-21.

No comments: