Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lauren's Week = A Really Fast Car Accelerating

This week has crawled/flown by and has been a bit of a brain strain, honestly.

I have swung from having only to work, with very little other responsibility, to a week where work is crazy, I have plunged full-throttle into classes, God is teaching me a ton, and my relationship with Adrian has become a major player in my life. It's literally like I went from 0 to 60 in 5.2.

This week I have also swung from having a crappy day of being stressed about the most minute details of life to a day where I'm completely at peace with where God has me. The circumstances didn't change, but praise God my outlook did. Thankfully, he showed me (over and over and over, in 1 day) that my treasure and joy is in him, and not in circumstantial things or people. How freeing to recognize that the source of my joy is solid and immovable - the salvation given to me through Christ.

So that bring me to today. Though I'm at peace, I am honestly just worn out by life! I have a decent bit of stuff to do tonight, including buying a planner, taking a trip to Wal-Mart, walking the dog/going to the dog park, going to pick up some jeans from the tailor, napping (?), packing, etc.

Packing, you say? Yes, packing for the big finale to my week: Going to visit Adrian in Walterboro/Charleston! I'm quite excited! It's going to be so good to get away and have some fun....oh yes, and to see my boyfriend ;) I can't wait!! I'm leaving tomorrow after class/work to go spend a few days in his neck of the woods and hear him preach on his Thailand trip. I don't know all the details, and I am A-OK with that. He's a good "activity planner" so I fully trust that it's going to be great. I'll post some pics and let you all know how it goes. Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: