Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tagged: Photo 4

This is a fun-ish tag!
1. Go to the 4th folder where you keep your pictures on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the photo.
4. Tag 4 people.


This picture was taken inside a mosque in Amsterdam. While we were there for a work/study/mission trip, we were able to go inside and talk with someone about Islam and watch the call to prayer and prayers. If you think the building is beautiful inside, you're right. Ironically (sadly) enough, this is actually an old church that shut down and was later bought by a Turkish Islamic organization to be used as a mosque. The front door of the church faced Mecca, the direction Muslims have to pray to, so they now worship with their back to what used to be the altar and choir loft (the direction you see in the photo). So telling - they have turned their backs on the One True God to worship Allah. This should be such an impetus to us to get going to tell people about the God who saves and loves us...Anyways, I didn't actually take this photo, our photographer did.

I tag people who read the blog:
Kathy
Julie
Ginny
Shae

5 comments:

shaebe27 said...

Yay i was tagged!!!! i dont have that many folders though:(

kathy said...

I just posted my adaptation... http://aspiringameliorant.blogspot.com/2009/02/photo-meme.html. Oh, and I also explained a little about my blog name in the comments to the previous post!

jeff said...

good thing i wasn't tagged i don't have many pictures..

Lauren said...

Shae - Kathy had folder issues too, you can improvise! Just pick one at random and share!

Also, Jeff, I don't tag you because you don't have a BLOG! haha.

Ginny said...

Ok...soon as I get to my own computer, this is happening. :)