Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another Benny blog


I seem to be posting a lot about Ben lately, but it's because he's a big part of my life! I took him to Greensboro Saturday (an hour and a half away) to meet with a couple who might want to adopt him.

On the way, he puked in the car because he was bouncing around so much (his own fault for not staying put!) Thankfully, he hadn't eaten his breakfast, so it wasn't too gross. We met Dan and Leslie at the dog park in Greensboro, where Ben and their dog Timber, played for a while, mostly with other dogs. We then went back to their house (my friend Erin was with me!) to see what kind of environment he would be in, if they adopted him.

All in all, I thought the visit went well. I heard from them last night though, and they don't think Ben and their family would be the best fit.... :( Sad day. Once again I am back at square 1, trying to decide what to do with him. Do I keep trying to find him a new home, get another dog, or learn to live with him? It will be harder and harder to find him a home the older he gets. It will be harder on me too, to give him away after having had him a long time.

I really would like someone to take him and make him their new friend. I would miss him terribly, but at the same time, he would be happier in a situation where he can run and play a lot more...Please pray, again. Thanks :)

No comments: