Thursday, May 29, 2008

Africa and East Tennessee: They have a lot in common!

Really, they might not seem to have much in common, but I can think of at least one thing in common between Africa and East Tennessee: I want to go there!

What, you may say, is the other connection between them? They are both on my mind today.

Africa is on my mind today because my friend Hannah left this morning to serve in Mozambique all summer. Keep her in your prayers as she will, undoubtedly, be tested and tried and worn out over the next several months. She, along with a team of other young people, will be working with visiting groups that come to do work there. Before she left this morning, she came by and gave me an Africa necklace she got there last time. Now, I will easily remember to pray for her and for the salvation and restoration of Africa when I look at it.

East Tennessee is on my mind because I am going HOME tomorrow! I am quite excited. I haven't been home since February, which is a long time...Actually, now that I think about it, it might be one of the longest "breaks" from seeing my family. My brother will not be there at all, as he is currently en route to San Francisco, California, where he will live and work now. My Dad won't be there most of the time, because he road-tripped with Brian, and won't fly back till Sunday night/Monday morning.

So....yeah. That's what's on my mind. That, and the fact that I am going to go pick up my car from the shop....again. Details to follow.

2 comments:

The Cox Family said...

I love that necklace!! I want one!

Lauren said...

Thanks! I like it too. Especially the little giraffe cut-out in it :)