Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's been a while

Sorry for my lack of blog-posting lately. I know those of you who check during lunch have had a boring visit lately.

There has been a lot going on emotionally, mentally and spiritually for me. God has really been teaching me some things about my selfishness, His immense love, ministry preparations, submission, patience, loving others...It goes on and on.

This week, I have been mentally stressed at work, as we're about to launch our new website, which my office has been a major player in editing and building. Today is D-Day though, and by 5 pm, our work should be (in large part) finished.

However, after the mental strains of last week, and the work stress of this week, I am worn out. I have been trying to take care of myself by eating well and sleeping a decent amount, but I can't seem to shake this feeling of exhaustion this week.

The result? Crankiness. I'm trying to be helpful, and loving, and kind, and patient, and Christ-centered, and others-focused...It's not happening. I need the Lord to get ahold of my heart and my head and give me a new spirit - one that looks vastly more like Him than where I am right now.

Whoever said being a Christ-follower was a crutch for the weak obviously never tried. This walk of faith grows harder, but more worth it, every day. Harder as I realize how far from being Christ-like I am, but more worth it as I grow in a deeper knowledge of the abundant goodness of my Savior.

No comments: