Monday, June 1, 2009

Mission: Accomplished

2 days and about 50+ dresses later and I bought my wedding gown!

I love it. I really do :) I'm quite excited to wear it for my love on our wedding day....Until then, all of you will have to be in suspense over what it looks like! Haha.

Let me just say this: if you're in the Raleigh area and looking for a place to go for a great selection and reasonably priced dresses, let me encourage you to check out Carolina Bridal World in Smithfield. The girl who assisted me was SOOO helpful - she made the process a breeze and really enjoyable. In fact, she was the one who picked out the dress I bought, which also happened to be the first one I tried on there. I walked in, showed her some pictures of dresses I liked, and she whipped around and grabbed about 15 for me, as my mom, my friend Stephanie and I grabbed more. Seriously, Kayla, thank you. I had such a good experience, thanks to you!

I can't say as much about the helpfulness of the other place I went to on Friday...In addition to no dressing rooms (only 6 inch partitions sticking out from the wall), the assistant was less than helpful. Throughout most of the experience, she actually seemed rather put out by me wanting to try on wedding dresses....Some nerve I have - asking to try on dresses at a bridal boutique.

So anyways, check out Carolina Bridal World! They had great prices, great service, great dressing rooms....All in, really....great :) The ease of finding a dress and the fantastic price were just another example of how God is richly blessing this wedding process for Adrian and I!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations. :-)

allison said...

So happy for you. I totally forgot that "that other place" didn't have dressing rooms. I had gone there too and was taken back by the "changing area". I would have warned you had I remembered. Sorry. Chalk that up to 3 years and 1 baby later. So excited for you and Adrian. I hope all the wedding planning is going well. Have you guys settled on when yet?

Ginny said...

Yay for you! That's exciting friend :)