Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Only in dreams.

You know TV is too much when you make plans to get off the phone with your fiance to watch Man vs. Wild. Or when you dream about Jon and Kate.

Seriously, tonight Adrian have planned to watch (separately, but together) the special of Man vs. Wild featuring Will Ferrell with Bear Grylls. That should be some good entertainment!

What is not such good entertainment is the spectacle Jon and Kate Gosselin have made of their marriage via public television. Although I am not a hard-core fan of their show, I am a fan of marriage and God's design for two people staying together through the rough spots and making one another their #1 priority, under God but above all else. This seems to no longer be the case with Jon and Kate, although, from having watched only like 5 episodes tops, I'm notsomuch sure if a Christ-honoring marriage ever was the case with the Gosselins. Either way, it saddens me to see their marriage detiorating in a very public way. Apparently, it saddened me enough that last night I dreamed about them.

I dreamed that Jon and Kate (and Mark Driscoll) and I had a barbeque dinner. We were sitting at a picnic table, enjoying dinner (sans 8 kids) when I apparently got a wee bit hostile. Jon, or maybe Mark, confronted me and told me to stop asking hard questions and being antagonistic. Ouch. That was harsh, Dream Man.

On second thought, I'm pretty sure that comment came from Mark Driscoll. I would think Jon has put up with enough of Kate's antagonism and hostility that even in my dream, there would be no point in him calling me out when he has enough of it to deal with from his wife.

That's good. My dream-advice is much better received, having come from Dream Driscoll.

On third thought - maybe Driscoll should give some marital advice to the Gosselins. Methinks that tough love, Driscoll style, would make for some reconciliation and some really good television.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Oh my word...I'm with you. It is not okay what has been happening with those two on tv here lately. It's sad for certain, I constantly hear them saying they are in it for their kids...not for God, or for each other. Their kids are their priority, which I think sometimes parents lose that their marriage is top priority...for their kids. Oh, I could go on about this lol.