Thursday, October 4, 2007

The devil is trying to get me down

It has been an interesting couple of weeks. Here are the details of what has gone wrong:

1) The hate letter about Ben and the joke played that made me cry (Not terrible, but not fun either)
2) Dealing with issues about Dad's car. I was about to drive it to Raleigh to get a "thumping" noise fixed when the spark plugs and wires went out, meaning I was driving on 2 cylinders, meaning I didn't really drive at all. $500+
3) Figuring out what was wrong with my car (in Maryville since before I moved). It needs two new catalytic converters, new tires, and maybe something else. $700+ for the converters, and who knows how much more for the rest.
4) Realizing I was going to have to get a new car because mine was not financially-smart to try and fix.
5)Hitting (and killing) a baby deer while driving Dad's car home from church. $700 worth of repairs.
6) Frustration over my dog's bad behavior, thus enrolling him in obedience classes $100
7) Getting bit or stung by something unknown, causing a "fever" in my arm and a lot of uncomfortableness

I figure all this bad luck must be the devil trying to get me down, because I totally feel like I am here for a purpose and to learn something and do something great. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about everything, but it is getting a bit difficult...

In other news, I am excited about the church I have been visiting, and how I will be able to plug in there. I'm looking forward to getting involved in a small group with other young professionals and possibly helping lead some ESL classes through the Hispanic ministry!

Pray for my arm, that it would stop swelling and looking funky, and a safe trip home tomorrow (yay!!) to Maryville to look for a NEW CAR! Praise God for all I am learning about him, and for the way he is challenging me so I might have a stronger faith.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

No comments: