Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, April 18, 2008

One year Benniversary!

As of Saturday, I have had Ben for a whole year! I told my parents, surely the first year is the hardest and it will be smooth sailing from here on out! He's a bit of a terrorist at times :) Look how sweet he was as a pup, though!


This was the first day I got him Our "one year Ben-niversary" picture. Trying to simulate the pose, but he's much bigger and rowdier now!

In honor of a year with him (complete with a few months of trying to find him a new home, then deciding to keep him), this weekend/post was all about Benny!

Friday he and I went to the river, our first time to go here in NC. We used to hang out at the river in TN as I worked there and we kayaked a lot, but hadn't made it out to the Neuse since I moved here. It was a gorgeous day and a gorgeous area. We hung out down around the boat launch, which totally made me wish I had the $$ for my kayak right now. Half of summer will be gone before I get to enjoy it! :(

But, I DID enjoy watching my crazy pup. You'd think he hates water the way he panics when his stick goes in too far for him to reach easily. He's only just begun swimming for it, at over a year old. He's a cautious one, that Benny o'mine. Here's a funny little video of how he tries to entice the stick to come back to him: Paw water first, then bark, then hop a little and hope he can swish it over his direction!




I wanted to post some pictures too of his new bed I made Saturday...

I thought it turned out cute!
Two layers of fleece, "tied" together with quilt batting the middle

Checking out his new digs...aka, a new toy.
Let's see how long it takes him to try and rip it up. Hopefully he won't succeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled to hear that you and Ben had a great anniversary. The video is quite entertaining. I heard also that my roommate and you had a great time together getting caught up on some documentaries. I'm glad that you checked something out from the library, well you didn't know but there's an index card that you write what you took. I had to start that because Shonica took like 5 movies and I knew that neither one of us would remember which ones they were. I'd also like to say that i miss you and I do want to hang out with you. I realize though that may not be possible this week. You should take off from work tomorrow at 9:30 and come eat breakfast at the border with us. So far it's me, erin, hannah, lindsay and ag. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other boys. Next week I could do lunch Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday let me know if any of those work for you. I hope that you're having a great day at work with your undecorated desk.